Today I need to recount all of the blessings God has given me in this season. So here it goes...
1. I am so encouraged by the loving and compassionate people who have commented on my blog, especially on Day 33. It is good to know that God has given so many of us shared experiences to mutually encourage one another.
2. I am thankful that Zane is in a good mood right now and feeling playful.
3. I am thankful that the Wests passed embassy today and are able to take their sick son to the states on the next flight they can get.
4. I am thankful that I don't have to be perfect because God's strength is made perfect in my weakness.
5. I am thankful that the Brannans will be together soon, in God's perfect timing.
6. I am thankful that God is not finished with me, and that he is teaching me through this season, as he does in each season of my life. Refinement is hard, but I pray that I come forth as pure gold.
7. I am thankful for the Yebsabi staff who asks me if I'm okay, and if I need anything. I'm also thankful for Job, Yonas, and David who FB me and offer to do anything I need.
8. I am thankful for David, the chef here at the Yebsabi, who makes delicious dinners and his staff who is so friendly to Zane and me.
9. I am thankful that God is working all things together for good for those who love Him and are called according to his purpose.
10. I am thankful that Becca and Sarah West are playing with Zane right now as I type this.
11. I am thankful for Tim Dreyfus who consistently sends encouragement almost every day to Mark and I.
12. I am thankful for my mom who gave up so much time and energy to be here with me for two weeks.
13. I am thankful for my mother-in-law who encourages me on FB every day.
14. I am thankful for my husband who has incredible wisdom, encouragement, and faithfulness.
15. I am thankful that Zane has a Daddy who is funny, strong, and so loving.
16. I am thankful for Coreena, who is here for the forth time to see her daughter who cannot come home yet. I'm blessed by her strength, positivity, and fellowship.
17. I am thankful for lessons I'm learning, like to not be too task oriented, and to take time for the "non-productive" stuff that matters most.
18. I am thankful for the fellowship I have with other adoptive parents through AWAA, and their strength and encouragement.
19. I am thankful for my church family back home who is praying continually for us, and strengthening me with encouragement even this far away.
20. I am thankful that Zane is a healthy, lovable boy who is showing so much growth and potential.
I could go on and on, but I am most overwhelmingly thankful for the prayers of all the saints who have lifted us up to the father, and asked that He show his presence to us in a mighty way. My heart is so full of gratitude for you.