Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 29 - The Past Two Days With Zane

We picked up Zane from the transition home.  We will have to return eventually to get all of his medical records, but he is staying with us, which is GREAT!  First order of business was to get a bath; however, his nap was cut short because we went out to lunch with the group.  We decided to delay the bath a little while and let him chill (I use that word lightly) with some friends that are at the guest house this week.  One of Zane's best friends from the transition home is with his parents finally, and they had a blast at the guest house kicking around soccer balls last night and throwing them at each other.  Watching toddlers fumble around with large soccer balls is very amusing.  They mean to be sweet, but it just goes bad sometimes.  They can't quite control their bodies yet.

Last night, as we slept I woke up to every little sound Zane made.  He talks in his sleep, moans, and turns a lot.  I was worried he would wake up scared, so every time I heard him I got up and checked on him.  He never actually woke up during the night, and he slept until about 7 am.

Today, we woke up and packed everything to go to our new guest house.  The property is nice and the house has two bedrooms, a living room, and a kitchen.  However, we have been chasing around a mouse all day, and I am worn out.  I had a small melt down in the kitchen because this is all a little overwhelming.  I now know why we give dinners to families who have recently had a baby.  Moving location on the second day you have a toddler, and trying to use a butane stove completely overwhelmed me.  I feel like it's difficult to play with him, chase the mouse, and cook dinner all at the same time, especially knowing my mom is leaving tomorrow.

I'm going to bed.  I'm going to try to sleep as well as possible, wake up refreshed, and re-evaluate the situation.  Currently, I'm missing the meals, friendly staff, and AWAA families at the Yebsabi.

I'd appreciate your prayers!
Goodnight.  :)


Traci said...

It took me four babies before I felt like I sort of had the mothering thing figured out and I still have melt downs here and there so I think you're totally justified! I can't imagine being in a foreign country relatively alone and starting motherhood at the toddling stage all at once. Just wanted you to know how much I admire you for it and am praying for you guys! Can't wait until you get home...Zane and Ryland will be in the same Sunday School class. = )

Michelle said...

I have been praying for you forever, but especially since I knew you were getting him. Jumping into mothering a toddler full time on your own without the newborn/baby warmup has GOT to be hard. God has faith in you...that's why He picked YOU to be Zane's mommy!

That being said...I wish I could send you some home-cooked meals too. And if it helps any, mine are 10, 9, and 5, and the melt-downs still happen occasionally! (mine, not theirs :-)

Praying for you and your precious SON!