Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 55 - Our God is a God of Miracles

Zane was too active to sleep today at his normal nap time, but Mom and Dad were beat.  We attempted to lay him in his crib and lay down ourselves on the bed for a little while, but he was inconsolable.  He began by playing, calling "Mommy" and "Daddy", then it gradually escalated to a full out wail.  I guess that's why they say the "cry it out method" isn't always best, especially for adopted children.  So we got up, gave him a bottle (that he wouldn't drink earlier), and he was out in 5 minutes!  Ha!  That'll teach us, huh?

During that time, little did we know that we had received a very important email.  As soon as Zane fell asleep, Mark opened my email account to find "Brannan Family - Case Cleared" in the subject line of an email sent about the time we first tried to put Zane down for his nap.  "No wonder!"  I thought, "Zane's been trying to tell us something this whole time!"  Mark's eyes widened, and he said very seriously, "Cimbrey, come over here and sit down.  I have something I want to read to you."  We nervously opened the email, thinking all the while that it cannot possibly mean we are actually cleared!  Our birthmother is supposed to be interviewed on Tuesday.  The embassy is not doing any interviews this week.  We were just at the AWAA offices this morning and no one had any information.  What is going on?

Sure enough, the email stated exactly what the subject said.  We were cleared at approximately noon today to receive a visa for our son to come home to the states.  There was no explanation about the birthmother interview, no reason why we got the email today instead of next week, just a seemingly normal "clearance email".

The thing is, I know better.  This event is anything but normal.  It is impossible for us to have been cleared today when the embassy has stated in a number of emails to our agency and to us personally that there are no interviews this week, our birthmother needs to be interviewed to continue with our case, and they will not give preference to families in country.  Not only have we received these emails, but a family with another agency was telling us about the same emails she is receiving just this morning.

But the other thing I know is that my God is the King of Kings.  He is Sovereign over all governments, leaders, agencies, and people.  His plans and purposes will reign forever.  There is no doubt that God has answered the prayers of His people in our case.  From the moment we started this process, to this very minute, God has prepared our son, our hearts, and our lives to obey him in adoption.  Passing court was a miracle last month, and this embassy clearance surpasses that.

God is teaching me that there is no other Name under heaven by which men may be saved.  Zane has not been rescued by two humanitarian citizens.  It's certain that we have had no power in this situation at all.  It's been quite humbling, actually to realize how little we matter in the broad scheme of things.  Zane has not been rescued by the United States of America.  While I love my country, it has been proven to me that American government is as bureaucratic and defective as any other institution in this world.  We were made to serve a perfect King, and all other entities that raise themselves up to rule will fail us.  People are people everywhere you go, and unfortunately, we are all tragically flawed.  The only way that Zane has been rescued from from his helpless state is by the grace and power of God Himself.  It is by His name we are all healed.

It is with that realization that I want Zane to grow into a man that loves God more than He loves me, Daddy, or anyone else in the world.  God is the only One who will never disappoint.

Thank you again for your prayers.  Your faithfulness to pray for us has ministered to us so much.  We love you all.



9 comments:

John and Tara Dunn said...

I am so excited for you all!!!!!!!!!! This seriously gives me so much hope and an even greater desire to keep pressing in in prayer! Praise God!!!

JustJess said...

Oh Cimbrey! I've never meet you and maybe never will but this gave me goosebumps! All power and glory to our God!! I prayed this morning for you, not knowing I would open this up! Praise be to God!!

Ashley said...

This makes my day!!! SO excited for you, Mark and Zane! Can't wait to meet the little man in person.

Amanda said...

Chills all over - both from the miracle and the truth you shared at the end. Thank You, Jesus!

Tracy said...

YAHOO!! :) So happy for you! :)
God's timing is indeed perfect.
Love, Tracy

lauren elizabeth said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

Cimbrey, I am friends with Anna Palmer and I live in New Orleans. God has put adoption on mine and my husband's hearts and we are pursuing adoption.

God has used your story and your blog to confirm that in my heart and to teach me that adoption is not a worldly but a deeply spiritual thing, serving the King who sacrificed everything for us.

Thank you for your transparency, faith and hope and so happy you can bring your sweet boy home!

Rob and Leah said...

Yay! Wonderful news! Praise the Lord!

Denise said...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Little Lamb said...

Oh,Cimbrey,tears in my eyes....Praise the Lord!!!