The embassy approved our request for a Visa AND...Our dossier was delivered to Addis Ababa on September 30th! We're rolling!
Many of you have been asking about next steps for us, so here's an approximate timeline:
- We wait for 3-6 months to get word from America World that we have been matched with a little boy 0-12 months or twin boys 0-12 months.
- America World sends us a "referral" complete with a picture of the child, background information, etc.
- We wait for 4-6 weeks for America World to set us up with a court date in Ethiopia.
- We travel to Ethiopia to testify before court that we will bring up the little boy(s) to be healthy and happy.
- We come home and wait for 4-6 weeks for clearance to travel to pick up the boy(s).
- We travel to Ethiopia to pick up our kid(s)!
Our prayer request at this time is that God will show us clearly what he wants for us. We have had in mind twins from the beginning. The passion is growing stronger, especially for Mark, to have two boys. Pray for us, America World, and the appropriate powers in Ethiopia to match us with two boys if that's what God wants for us. Also pray for the caregivers that they would have energy and the mind of Christ to see to every child's needs while they wait for their forever family.