Monday, July 14, 2008

Ellis Marsalis!










Friday night, Mark and I went to hear Ellis Marsalis play at Snug Harbor. Snug Harbor is a small place near the French Quarter in the Marigny. They have great hamburgers and a jazz concert room. It was a great concert! What a cool thing it was to be in the same room with a legend. Ellis came out and was eating with friends after the show. Of course, I put on my best "begging smile" and got a picture with him. I felt so bad afterward. I'm sure he's had a lifetime of strange people wanting his picture. Our friend Geoff played on drums, and it was so much fun to watch them!



















Saturday, we went to the New Orleans Museum of Art. It's free for LA residents! Anything's more fun when it's free! Fernando Botero's work was on display. We had a picnic at city park and I just about died of heat exhaustion. I'm exaggerating, but it really was hot!


























1 comment:

Amanda said...

I'm loving these updates, girlie! I'm sorry I have not had a chance to call you back yet. We were out of town all weekend. I will try you tomorrow while Jackson is at mother's day out. Love ya!