Monday, August 2, 2010

Immigration Fingerprints

CLOSED.

Thank you all for your prayers for Mark and I as we attempted to get our immigration fingerprints.  We went at about 4:00 p.m. and the office was already closed.  We looked online before coming to see if they had office hours and there were none listed.  Obviously, there are no office hours on the door either.  Mark did; however, find office hours on another door with a random acronym on it and they said 8-2:30, so we're assuming these hours apply for the USCIS office as well.

Interestingly, God answered your prayers in a way we did not expect.  Having an hour of concentrated thinking time in the car as I sat on I-10 in traffic to get to this office turned out to be the "answer" I needed.  I realized that my school schedule is such that I do not have students until 9:20 a.m.  From 7:10 - 9:20, I am doing various "teacher" duties, like hallway monitoring, team meeting, etc.  Therefore, the August 23rd appointment at 8:00 a.m. might work out.  I will have to miss my team meeting, but I won't feel like I'm letting down my students and my new partner teacher! (Hugs, Becky!)

Another way that God answered your prayers is that Mark and I began really considering the timing of our August 23rd appointment.  It will probably mean that our Dossier will be in Ethiopia in the middle to end of September.  If wait time for a referral (match with a child) goes as it has been going recently, that will put us getting our referral in March, traveling for court at the end of April possibly, and picking up Zane at the end of May/early June.  For a teacher, this would be perfect timing!

I know that God's timing is perfect, and He's already working this thing out.  Thanks for praying for us.  Little did we know, your prayers would change US, not our circumstances.  God is faithful to do that, isn't He?

No comments: